I’m often asked about where to find coupons to save on groceries. Now that I’m relying more and more on online flyers and mobile flyer apps, I have to remind myself to check my flyer bag for coupons to clip – there are often 5-10 coupons to clip each week. And while I may never redeem the coupons, I feel it’s worth the few extra minutes of my time to clip the coupons and have them handy as I’m building my shopping list or for when there’s an unadvertised or clearance sale while I’m out shopping.
3 Easy steps for Using Coupons in Flyers:
- Scan your flyers and clip coupons for products that you use, even if you don’t don’t shop at that store
- Use the Flipp app to find out if the product is on sale anywhere during the dates that the coupon is valid and “clip” the best price to your Clippings List
- Redeem your coupon AND price-match your clipped price with Flipp at a store that price-matches and accepts competitor’s coupons.
Mix + Match your flyer coupons while price-matching for Extreme Couponing Savings!
Walmart is an example of a store that will permit you to price match a competitor’s sale price and use a competitor’s coupon. The stores don’t have to match each other, either!
- Coupon for FREE Axe shave gel with purchase of men’s Axe facial care product clipped from Jean Coutu flyer
- Axe facial care products on sale for $3.99 in Shoppers Drug Mart flyer
- Price-match the flyer sale price and redeem the coupon for the FREE product at Walmart
Don’t stop there … keep adding on more layers of savings!
To add more layers of savings to the coupon and sale price, check for a cash back rebate using one/all of these cash back rebate apps:
Using coupons from flyers, price-matching a competitor’s flyer, and claiming cash back rebates are all easy ways to cut your grocery bill. Here are some other blog posts I’ve written with more step-by-step tips about how to price match and use the cash back apps here in Canada:
- Apps That Save You Time & Money on Groceries: Flyer Apps + Price-Matching
- Get Cash Back on your Grocery Receipt with Checkout51
I love these small victories when it comes to saving at the grocery store! I bought 3 boxes of Wheat Thins in separate transactions at Walmart today, and claimed $3 back with Checkout51 within minutes. Couponing without coupons is becoming the norm! New to Checkout 51? Here’s a start-up guide to get you earning cash back rebates on your grocery receipts, too!
Tip: It’s important to check the offers on each of your devices: Wheat Thins were offered on 3 of our 4 family accounts.