$6 in Surprise Peelie Sticker Coupon Savings!
My husband and I finished a HUGE overhaul of our storage room and pantry this weekend and I now have room to start stocking up on some items for upcoming holiday parties. I was thrilled to find some Peelie Sticker Coupons on these items at a local grocery store* last night and saved an EXTRA $6 on top of the sale price.
I didn’t spend any time or energy … anyone can do this!
- Twistos $1.99 sale price less $1 Peelie Coupon on each bag = $.99 each
- Tostitos Rounds $2.49 sale price
- Tostitos Salsa $2.49 sale price less $2 Peelie Coupon (must be used when purchasing a Tostitos chip + a Tostitos dip)
My total out of pocket for these 6 items was $6.94 and I didn’t spend any time or energy checking flyer prices and clipping coupons. Anyone can do this!
Tips for using Peelie Sticker Coupons:
- Check the expiry date of the coupon AND the product – no sense stocking up if the product will go off before you can use it
- Peel off the stickers for the cashier and hand them in at the same time that the item is being rung in – some of them are a bit finicky (the stickers, not the cashiers!)
- Put the items with peelie coupons on the conveyor belt last so that you have time to peel the coupons while the cashier is working on your other purchases and you don’t run the risk of the sticker getting lost (or stuck) amongst the other items
- Don’t peel stickers off of products on the shelf that you are not buying – it’s poor couponing etiquette
- Confirm whether or not the coupon is meant to be redeemed with THIS product or on your next purchase (the latter are rare, but do exist)
If the Peelie Sticker Coupon is to be used on a future product, here are a few tricks:
- buy 1 product at a time and go back for a new transaction to get another Peelie Sticker Coupon when you buy the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.
- don’t count on the Peelie Sticker Coupons still being available on your next visit – if you’ve got time, do it all on the same trip
- when storing these Peelie Sticker Coupons for future use, stick them on a piece of taught Saran wrap so that the text can be read easily and the sticky goop won’t get all over your coupon binder or wallet!
Can I use the Peelie Sticker Coupon with a sale price, price-matching and other coupons?
- Yes, you can certainly redeem a Peelie Sticker Coupon with a sale price – I almost always have at least 2 layers of savings
- Yes, you can ask the cashier to Price Match a competitor’s price and then use the Peelie Coupon Sticker as well. The Price Match is computed as a price revision, not a coupon.
- No, it has been my experience that you cannot stack a Peelie Sticker Coupon with a different manufacturer’s or internet coupon unless the store permits coupon stacking (rare in Canada)
Peelie Sticker Coupons can be found in a variety of stores and on a myriad of products. Sometimes the special packaging comes straight from the supplier, other times a representative will be in the store affixing the Peelie Sticker Coupon (or tags with elastics on bottles) during specified promotion periods. Joining a local couponing group on facebook or other social media channels is a great way to keep informed of where the Peelies are in your local haunts!
Saving at the grocery store plays a big part of my Save-at-Home-Mom strategy: I stock up on items that I know we’ll be using whenever I can find at least 2 layers of savings. The best I’ve ever done on an item to date was 7 layers of savings. I’ll tell you all about it sometime!
*These items were purchased at Food Basics in Rockland, Ontario