“Saving” includes cutting down on time AND money on household chores for me. Our kids (6+8) are coming home blissfully filthy from the school playground each day and I’ve found myself spending more and more time in the laundry room sorting colours – time I’d much rather devote to being outside with the kids getting blissfully filthy, too! I’ve had my eye on these laundry sorters for a while now and have been waiting for a good promotion to go along with a sale price. The two storms collided today!
This Neat Freak quad sorter was on sale for $37.49 (reg.$49.99) and I had several dollars in Canadian Tire money to redeem. Being able to tack on a 3rd layer of savings sealed the deal for me today:
June 5, 2014 Canadian Tire Gift Card Promotion
- Spend $100 or more and get a $25 Canadian Tire Gift Card
- Gift Card valid June 6-July 5, 2014
- no minimum purchase required when redeeming gift card
- gift card cannot be combined with any other coupons. Do you suppose Canadian Tire money counts as coupons? hmmmm….
And while at the cashier, I picked up a coupon for $2 OFF our next BBQ propane tank exchange, and 12x Canadian Tire Money with my next gas fill-up over 15L.
I love these layers of savings! And now that I will have my laundry loads pre-sorted, it will be even easier to pop in a load during Off-Peak hydro hours and get outside to enjoy the day!
How do you save time and money on laundry? I’d love to hear your ideas – drop a line in the comments below!
Join @CommonCentsMom and I as we co-host this week’s #CDNmoney twitter chat with tips & tricks on how to BBQ on a Budget!
Hollie has shared some of her favourite BBQ tips in her blog post on Common Cents Mom, and I’m all about “harnessing the heat” as seen in this Instagram post last spring:
May 2013: I know me. And “me” isn’t likely going to cook tomorrow night. In addition to our family meal, I cooked a second meal on the BBQ tonight, almost entirely after turning off the burners.
- Broccoli with butter and spices wrapped in foil took about half an hour, turning once.
- Chicken breasts directly on the grill about 7 min/side while the BBQ was still at 500 from the first round of cooking.
- Sliced sweet potato and onion basted with Soya sauce on each of 3 flips needed an extra little punch of flame to crisp up since I’d lifted the lid so many times.
- Total propane sent on this meal: 5 minutes medium on one burner.
Looking back at the best summers of my life, it’s the not-so-’spensive stuff like sprinklers, kites, campfires, and sandcastles that stand out in my mind. And while many of us are trying to cling to the notion of frugal fun by keeping our summer plans simple and affordable, there are some pretty fantastic attractions that we’d hate to miss out on.
Here is a (continually growing) list of coupons and discounts for admission to Canadian tourist attractions and family activities. Check back often to see which coupons and savings tips have been added, and please drop a line in the comments below with other suggestions to add to the list!
Why pay full price for your summer outings when there are discounts to be had?! Don’t forget to be a tourist in your own community and check online before heading out to a museum, festival, park, or restaurant – there are often coupons to print or flash on your mobile device!
- Attractions Ontario Coupons - print or mobile coupons for major attractions throughout Ontario with more added each month
- Toronto Attractions Coupons - printable coupons for major attractions & restaurants in Toronto
- CN Tower Discounts – the official CN Tower website lists a number of ways to save money on your admission
- Clifton Hill Niagara Falls Coupons – printable coupons for attractions & restaurants on Clifton Hill
- Niagara Falls Coupons – printable coupons and online deals
- Niagara Falls Adventure Pass – online package deals for major attractions
- Niagara Falls Souvenirs Coupon – printable coupon for 20% OFF at Souvenir City in Niagara Falls, Canada
- Niagara Falls Live Coupons – a collection of printable coupons for major attractions in Niagara Falls
- Passeport Vacances Coupons – printable coupons for major attractions throughout the Province of Quebec including LaRonde coupons, Parc Omega coupons, Parc Safari coupons, IMAX coupons, coupons for white water rafting, etc.
British Columbia Coupons:
- Hello BC Tourism Coupons – printable coupons & online deals for attractions throughout the Province of British Columbia
- Coupons BC – a collection of printable coupons for restaurants, activities and attractions in BC
Daily Deal Sites
- All Daily Deals – a site which lists ALL of the major daily deal and group buys in one place!
- Living Social
- Social Shopper
- Team Buy
- Wag Jag
The Entertainment Coupon Savings Book has several Canadian editions for major cities with 100s of perforated coupons and discounts on the mobile app for tourist attractions, museums, restaurants, and services. The new editions are released in August of each year and Entertainment Book coupons expire in November - get one per city that you’re visiting and leave it with your host or hotel staff when you leave if you’re not coming back!
Check your CCA or other automotive club membership package to see which discounts you are entitled to as a member.
Many museums and festivals have FREE admission during certain times. Take a few minutes to check the official website and/or facebook page of your destination before heading out to find out when the FREE admission times are.
Swap out your old gear and update your backyard with new-to-you toys and summer accessories – you’ll be surprised at what your neighbours have to sell on your city’s UsedEverywhere site. Think “sprinklers”!!
So whether you’re keeping your summer plans simple or you’re preparing for the staycation of a lifetime, be savvy about your summer plans and set aside a few minutes to plan ahead and save some money along the way with coupons and discounts on Canadian summer attractions. Wishing y’all a safe & happy summer!